Hampshire Data Analyst Skills Bootcamp 
Join us on a transformative journey with our Data Analytics Bootcamp course. Gain key skills to 
enable you to progress into a career in Data Analytics or boost your Data skills in your current role. 
Learn modern Data Analysis skills that will equip you to work with data and produce valuable insights, whether you're employed or self-employed. 

 On this page: 

Duration: 100 hours over 13 weeks 
Start Dates: 13th June 2024 | 16th July 2024 
Study Modes: Fully remote online teaching and coaching with a range of interactive activities 
Qualifications Achieved: Certificate upon completion from Fareport Training 
Entry Requirements: Candidates must live in Hampshire, be enthusiastic about data analysis and be committed to developing their skills through the bootcamp. Ideally, candidates should be relatively new to the world of data analytics with no other technical qualifications 
Cost: If you are a Hampshire-based sole trader, freelancer or business owner without employees the course is fully funded by Hampshire County Council (HCC). If you have 1-250 employees you must contribute 10% (£274) per employee and the other 90% is funded by HCC. If you have 250+ employees, you must contribute 30% (£822) per employee, with the remaining 70% funded by HCC 

 1. Which business area is our Data Analyst Skills Bootcamp suitable for? 

Business Owner 
Non Data  
Leaders & Managers 

 2. How can our Data Analyst Skills Bootcamp bring value to your business, large or small? 

Data analysts bring a wealth of benefits to businesses, playing a pivotal role in enhancing decision-making, optimising operations, and driving growth. Here's how a data analyst can add value to your business: 
Improved Decision-Making: Data analysts help convert raw data into actionable insights, providing businesses with the information needed to make informed decisions. By analysing trends, patterns, and correlations within data, they offer a solid foundation for strategic planning and risk management. 
Enhanced Efficiency: Through their analysis, data analysts can identify inefficiencies in business processes and suggest improvements. This may involve streamlining operations, reducing costs, or enhancing productivity, all of which contribute to a more efficient business model. 
Better Customer Insights: Data analysts help businesses understand their customers more deeply by analysing behaviour, preferences, and feedback. This insight is crucial for tailoring products and services, improving customer satisfaction, and developing targeted marketing strategies that speak directly to the needs and desires of the customer base. 
Risk Management: By forecasting trends and assessing data patterns, data analysts can help businesses anticipate market changes and mitigate potential risks. This proactive approach to risk management can save significant resources and protect the business from unexpected disruptions. 
Driving Innovation: Data analysts often uncover opportunities for new product development or process innovation through their analysis. By recognising unmet needs or emerging trends, they can guide businesses in pioneering new markets or improving existing offerings. 
Competitive Advantage: In today's data-driven world, having a robust analytics capability can provide a significant competitive edge. Data analysts empower businesses with the knowledge to outmanoeuvre competitors, adapt to changing market conditions, and strategically position themselves for long-term success. 
Revenue Growth: By optimising marketing strategies, improving customer retention, and enhancing product offerings, data analysts directly contribute to increasing revenue. Their insights ensure that resources are allocated to the most profitable channels, maximising return on investment. 

 3. Data Analyst Skills Bootcamp modules  

11 modules over 13 weeks of training 
This module provides an overview of data analytics, discussing its importance and application across various industries. Students will learn about the fundamental concepts and methodologies used in data analytics. 
In this module, learners will explore basic statistical concepts essential for analysing data effectively. Topics include probability, distribution, and statistical testing. 
Students will learn how to represent data visually using various tools and techniques. This module emphasises creating clear and impactful visualisations to communicate data insights effectively. 
This module covers the fundamentals of database design and management. Students will understand different database models and learn how to manipulate data using SQL. 
Learners will be introduced to programming languages commonly used in data analytics, such as Python and R. The focus will be on writing code for data manipulation and analysis. 
This module addresses the techniques for cleaning data and preparing it for analysis. Students will also explore data to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies. 
Students will learn the basics of machine learning and how to apply different machine learning models to solve real-world data analysis problems. 
This module focuses on the skills required to report data findings effectively. Students will learn how to craft reports and presentations that communicate data insights clearly and persuasively. 
In this module, the focus is on the ethical considerations and security practices essential to protecting data. Topics include data privacy, ethical data usage, and legal compliance. 
Students will explore additional skills that enhance their data analytics capabilities, such as advanced computational techniques and the use of cloud services for data analytics. 
The final module provides support for students undertaking a capstone project, applying all the skills and knowledge gained throughout the course. This module culminates in a presentation of their projects, showcasing their expertise in data analytics. 

 4. Why use Fareport for your Data Analyst training? 

Fareport Training was established in 1981 in order to offer young people a route into work through work based training. In 2014 the business was purchased with support from entrepreneur Theo Paphitis by Natalie Cahill and Marinos Paphitis. Since then we have been building on Fareport's excellent reputation for high quality training and delivering training and apprenticeships across England. 

We work with trusted brands such as... 

 5. Data Analyst tools & technologies you'll learn: 

 6. Meet one of the trainers... 

Tallulah is a skilled data analysis trainer with extensive experience in educating aspiring data analysts. Her expertise spans a wide array of data practices and tools, making her a valuable resource for anyone looking to enhance their skills in data manipulation and interpretation. 
Tallulah's approach to training is hands-on, ensuring that her trainees not only learn the theoretical aspects of data analysis but also gain practical experience through real-world projects and case studies. 

 7. Who can participate in this Data Analyst Skills Bootcamp? 

Self employed 

 8. What to expect from Fareport Training: 

Live online 
group training 
1 on 1 support 

 9. What does a Data Analyst do? 

Data analysts are employed across various sectors, including but not limited to retail, banking, media, logistics, and government. Their role is crucial in any organisation that relies on data to drive business decisions. These professionals may be positioned in different departments such as finance, sales, HR, or marketing, serving either public or private sectors. 
The primary purpose of a data analyst is to explore how data can be utilised to answer questions and address problems. This involves processes such as collecting, examining, cleaning, transforming, and modelling data. The aim is to uncover valuable insights, support conclusions, and aid in making informed decisions. Data analysis incorporates several methods and techniques, playing an essential role in enhancing the evidence-based decision-making of an organisation. 
For instance, a data analyst might analyse social media trends to assess their influence on a company, or evaluate sales data in retail to advise on product strategies. In human resources, they could examine employee retention data to optimise recruitment plans, while in healthcare, they might analyse patient wait times to improve service delivery. 
On a day-to-day basis, data analysts interact with both internal stakeholders and external clients, providing crucial data insights and analyses. They generally operate within standard business hours from an office setting. 
Data analysts are tasked with producing and managing their outputs to align with organisational goals. They must operate within the framework of their company's data architecture and adhere to relevant data protection laws and policies. As the field of data analytics is ever-evolving, they are also expected to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in data technologies, tools, and industry practices. 

 10. Register your interest in our Data Analyst Skills Bootcamp course  

Westfield House 
PO16 0DH 
01329 825805 
For Learners / Apprentices - info@fareport.co.uk 
Opening hours 
Monday - Friday: 8am - 4pm 


European Social Fund Logo
Ofsted Outstanding Logo
Skills funding agency logo
Apprenticeships logo
Matrix logo
Training Excellence logo
Back to top 
Our site uses cookies, including for advertising personalisation. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings